How to Connect to Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™
With most of the vehicles in the new Honda lineup being available with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™, one of the questions that many Anaheim Hills-area drivers ask is: “How do I connect to Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto?” You’ll find that it ’s very simple to connect your smartphone to your Honda, just follow the steps in this guide from your friends at Weir Canyon Honda.
How to Connect to Apple CarPlay®
It is recommended that you have an iPhone 5 or later and that you are in an area that supports CarPlay. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Siri & Search, and turn Siri on, then follow these steps to learn how to connect Apple CarPlay®:
- Plug your phone into the CarPlay USB port, which should be labeled with the CarPlay logo.
- If your car supports a wireless Bluetooth® connection, go to Settings > General > CarPlay > Available Cars and select your car.
- Start your car and leave it running.
- Ask Siri for what you need by either pressing and holding the Voice Control button on your steering wheel or touching and holding the CarPlay Home button on your touchscreen until Siri appears.
How to Connect to Android Auto™
Make sure that you have an Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or a more recent version. We’ve found that Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) works best. The following steps show you how to connect Android Auto™ to your Honda:
- Turn on Android Auto in your car’s settings.
- Download the Android Auto™ app from Google Play. When you plug your smartphone into your car with the compatible USB cable, you’ll receive a prompt to download the app.
- Unlock your phone’s screen.
- Review the Safety Information and Android Auto™ permissions.
- Turn on notifications for Android Auto™.
- On your vehicle’s display, select Android Auto™.
Find a Honda with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ at Weir Canyon Honda!
Stay connected, informed, and entertained on Yorba Linda and Tustin-area roads with Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™ smartphone integration today. Having problems connecting your smartphone to your Honda? Contact the Service Center at Weir Canyon Honda. Our experts will be happy to assist you. Whether you wish to learn more about new Honda technologies like HondaLink® and Honda Sensing® or need to find out how to enter Honda Civic radio codes, we’re here to help.
More from Weir Canyon Honda
The 2021 Honda Odyssey interior makes it an ideal choice for your active Anaheim Hills-area family. With three rows of seating, this Honda minivan provides plenty of room for everyone to ride in comfort. The new Honda Odyssey also comes equipped with an array of convenient features that will keep you and your passengers entertained…
The 2021 Honda Odyssey interior makes it an ideal choice for your active Anaheim Hills-area family. With three rows of seating, this Honda minivan provides plenty of room for everyone to ride in comfort. The new Honda Odyssey also comes equipped with an array of convenient features that will keep you and your passengers entertained and…
If you have your sights set on an SUV that provides plenty of space inside for your busy Anaheim Hills-area family, you’ll want to take a look at the 2021 Honda Pilot. With seating for up to eight, loads of cargo space, and a wide range of tech features, the Honda Pilot interior is designed…